Thursday, October 6, 2011

Life and Death....

One of my favorite quotes ever is,"Live life to the fullest." A lot of people take life for granted and don't realize how great life really is. Everybody goes through struggles, but that's just a normal part of everyday life. Its really easy to go day by day taking advantage of the fact that we are here. A lot of times, people don't realize how valuable life is until a tragedy happens. Its true that you should never judge a person before you've walked a mile in their shoes. It seems to me as if a lot of bad things have happened to me and my family over these last 18 years. There have been accidents, deaths, disease, and much more. The bad things that have happened that really stick out to me would be my Dads accident, cancer, and deaths. In July 2005 my Dad had a motorcycle accident. He was in a coma for 14 days and spent 3 months total in the hospital. He now suffers from brain damage and can't work. To this day, this tragedy still affects me. Just over a year ago, my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and a couple months after that my Grandma was too. Luckily both of them are survivors and are still alive and well. Deaths aren't something that are very common in my family, that is up until almost two years ago. In March 2009 my Great Grandma, on my Moms side, died at the age of 94 i believe. It was very much out of the blue and unexpected. Even though we didn't really have a good relationship its still sad that shes gone. The saddest part would probably be that now we cant ever have a good relationship. In that same year, on my birthday actually, my Grandma on my Dads side, passed away as well. This came out of the blue as well, and especially on my 16th birthday. I hadn't really seen her in a long time but deaths are always sad. Losing family is never easy, but when you haven't seen someone in a while, i feel its just that much harder. My family seemed really insensitive and fought over a lot of her stuff. It was all really childish and quite frankly sad. Through all the things that have happened in my life, it has been sad but at  the same time made me the person I am today. Without having all these tragedies happen, i wouldn't be as strong as i am today:)

2 comments:

  1. My friend Karen says you never know how strong you are until you have to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Everybody goes through struggles, but that's just a normal part of everyday life. Its really easy to go day by day taking advantage of the fact that we are here. A lot of times, people don't realize how valuable life is until a tragedy happens."

    I hear that.

    ReplyDelete