Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing Up...

So I haven't been on here in a while, nor have I made a post in a while. A lot of stuff has happened since my last post in November. I turned 18, met my wonderful boyfriend Kenny, graduated high school, and lots of other fun stuff. Being 18 doesn't really make you feel any different, it just makes you feel like you can do more and you have more responsibilities. Me and my wonderful boyfriend Kenny have been together since December 2, 2011. Love you:) Graduating high school was by far the best thing that has happened to me since November. Graduating high school is always very emotional and wonderful for everyone. I can honestly say it wasn't what I expected at all but it was fun. Hardly any of my family showed up. Go figure. But luckily my Mom, Aunt Bert, Kenny, and Alex were all there for me. Love you all! It meant a lot to me that they showed up. My Sister and Brother-In-Law couldn't make it, along with my Aunt Darlene, Cousin's Mandi, Kevin, and Isaiah, and my Grandma Barb. It's alright that none of them made it though. I have learned over the years not to expect much out of my family. Them not showing up was no surprise. The hardest part of graduation was knowing that my Grandma Martha wouldn't be there to watch me walk the stage and receive my diploma. She passed away on my 16th birthday, in 2009. I used to be super close with her and i've never really gotten over her death. We all mourn for a period of time after the loss of a close family member. I mourned for quite some time, but unlike most people I never really got past it. I always wanted to make her proud and I know that on May 27, 2012 she would have been proud of me. My Grandmother had 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren. I was the youngest of the grandchildren. I was the first, of her 3 children and 8 grandchildren, to graduate from high school. It deeply saddens me that she never got to see me. I know if she was there that she would have yelled the loudest. Im starting to tear up just thinking about it. Im sure she had a party in heaven for me. I hope God is treating her well up there. I miss and love you Grandma. We shall meet again one day in heaven, for you are my guardian angel:)

No comments:

Post a Comment