Monday, November 21, 2011

And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. ~Victoria Secunda

I want my Mom to know that no matter what, I will always love her. I will always love her, and not just because she is my Mom. I believe that a Mom should not only be a Mom, but also a best friend and role model. My Mom is even more than that to me, she is my hero. I have always told her that she is my hero, and she is very well deserving of this title. She has been through so much in her life, and i am sure there's things I don't even know about. All of that is beside the point however, her being my hero has to do with what she has been through, how good of a mother she is, and who she is today. Even though she has been through a lot, she is a very great person today and continues to be. She would do anything and everything for somebody that needed help. She has always been that way, my Aunt is like that too. I believe its just the way they live their lives. Nobody is perfect, but they sure do all they can for the world. My Mom is a great person, not only to the world but to me. I hope when i grow up, that im at least half the woman that she is. One day when I have kids, I want to be their hero, just as my Mom is mine. We have had our struggles but I would say its just normal teenage daughter- mother issues. At the end of the day, we get past those and we have a good relationship. Last week I had my senior photo shoot. It was kind of bittersweet, but yet scary at the same time. The photo shoot went great but the thought of growing up kind of scares me. I'm really glad that my Mom and Aunt tagged along on my photo shoot with me and Amy Scott from RAARS Photography, Amy is a great photographer and im glad they got to share this great experience with me. The photo shoot really got me thinking about life though. Im going to be 18 in three short weeks. I will be "grown", that's scary. A lot of times us kids will talk about wanting to move out, and go away to college. As much as I want to do that, its scary, growing up is scary. I don't ever want to lose the relationship I have with my Mom, and we need to do more things like the photo shoot together so we don't lose our relationship. As we all grow up, we drift apart. You should never drift apart from you're hero....thanks for everything Mom. You truly are my hero.<3 Love you:)

Feel free to check out my Moms blog post about me on her blog.

1 comment: