Friday, September 23, 2011

Memorable Teachers Through The Years

Over the years, I've had many teachers and a few of them have been memorable to me. The first memorable teacher I ever had was my kindergarten teacher, Mrs.Stoner. She was the most loving, caring woman I have ever met. She was very hands-on with her students and always made class fun, even when we were learning. We didn't have desks in our classrooms we had tables, and we always had new name tags every week. They were always colorful and bright. I loved going to school everyday when i was in kindergarten, just for the simple fact that she made it so much fun. The second teacher I had that was very memorable, was my second grade teacher Mrs.Episcopo. Just like my kindergarten teacher, she made learning fun. Her classroom was probably the most interesting classroom I have ever been in. I can't really describe it, but the way it was set up was just interesting and made learning that much better. Mrs.Episcopo also was the teacher that figured out i needed glasses. She could tell I was squinting at the board, and contacted my Mom about it. Unfortunately, she has since passed but she will forever be in my heart. The last and final teacher that has really touched me so far in my school career, was my co-english teacher freshman year, Ms.Gerling. She was only my teacher freshman year, but we have stayed in contact since. She is the definition of what a teacher should be. She has helped me through so much even after I wasn't in her class anymore. Shes one of the few UHS teachers that have really helped me grow not only academically but in life in general. The world needs more people like her!

1 comment: