Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What meaning do sports have in my life?

Sports are pure entertainment to me. Playing sports and watching sports can be not only entertainment but fun. People enjoy watching and playing sports. A big part of sports would be to choose a favorite team. Choosing a favorite team gives someone something to look forward to. When your favorite team is on, you might take time to tune into the game. Choosing a favorite team isn't just about following them, but it gives you a social out-lit. Talking with your friends and peers about sports can go on for hours and hours. Sports are very easy to follow if you have a favorite team. For me however, I do have favorite teams, but I see sports more as entertainment.

2 comments:

  1. Sports as entertainment are a major part of critical sports literacies. For some, as you've clearly articulated, it becomes a way to connect with friends and family. Yes, you're right--one can debate for hours about sports. Choosing a favorite team is also related to place (hometown), where one comes from, and how they identify. Very reflective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch...I knew I brought the wrong child home from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete