Monday, November 21, 2011

Inquiry...

My Personal Inquiry Questions:
1) Will racism always exist?
2) What causes breast cancer?

Racism is something that, for as long as I can remember, has been around. Its all around you and you can never escape it. No matter where you live, racism exists there in one way or another. Many strides have been made since slavery days, as far as racism and prejudice, but they both still exist. I grew up in a small town in the middle of no where with not much diversity, but there was A LOT of racism there. It seems quite ironic that such a place has more racism then Urbana does. There is a lot more diversity here in Urbana then there is but yet the level of racism is much lower? Its actually quite intriguing to me. I would hope that eventually racism will be something of the past, seen in history text books. Racism is something I want to research and learn more about. Racism could eventually be ended, but like world peace, it will probaby never be achieved.

What causes breast cancer? Im sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question. I sure do. I've heard that many things can cause breast cancer but I don't know how much of it's true and how much of it's fiction. I personally want some answers and to see other peoples take on the subject. Blogs are a great research tool to see others take on the subject of breast cancer and its many causes. Hopefully, breast cancer will have a cure one day. A couple of my close relatives, my Mom and Grandma, have both had breast cancer. Luckily, they are both survivors!

Breast Cancer Be Damned: This is actually my Moms personal blog that she started after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. A lot of what she writes is about life and her struggles with breast cancer. However, some of what she has wrote is about breast cancer and its many causes.

Yahoo Answers: On yahoo answers individuals ask their inquiry questions and others give their opinions on the topic and question.

Debate It Out: On debateitout.com individuals do just that, they debate about a topic and all give their opinion on the topic. This particular link is talking about racism.

Resist Racism: This site has different peoples views on racism and a lot of people talk about ways to resist getting involved in racism.

Dr. Lens Cancer Blog: Dr. Lens discusses many different types of cancers and they're causes. He discusses new findings in cancer research as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment