Monday, November 21, 2011

This week in the google reader world

I was actually very surprised when i logged into my google account and saw all the useful information on it. I was beginning to think that I wouldn't have much to write on this blog post because I wasn't finding much useful information. Yahoo answers has actually been helpful and its nice to see different peoples opinion on racism and if it will always be around. I read something this week that really opened up my eyes about racism. A couple people on yahoo answers said some very insightful things this week. One of those was " Racism will always exist, and not, as the black nation says because of white people, but because all people are different." Its true, everyone is their own person and we are all very different people. Until the world accepts the fact that everyone is different then racism will exist. Another thing that i found insightful was, "So eliminating those who do not fit the ideal race profile will "fix" the issue. The problem is that racism even thou a matter of color is more of matter of discrimination. So even if we "fix" the race issue people will find something else to discriminate about (i.e. hair color, eye color, nose shape, height, nationality, etc)." This statement was very powerful to me and made me think about racism as a whole, a lot. There is no way to fix racism because a big part of racism is discrimination. Discrimination will always exist because someone will always have something to discriminate about. Unfortunately that's just how our society is and probably always will be. I didn't find much on breast cancer and its causes this week, but im going to look into it more for my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment